Lat and Long

James Munley

Jul 9, 2023, 11:13:37 AM7/9/23
to wxqc
I think my problem is with the lat and long.  This happened once before and it was the latitude and longitude was wrong.   How would I enter 40.777842 -74.137157 for CWOP in Weather Display?

Don Curtis

Jul 9, 2023, 11:26:18 AM7/9/23
to James Munley, wxqc
See screenshot

On July 9, 2023 9:13:40 AM James Munley <jgmun...@gmail.com> wrote:

I think my problem is with the lat and long.  This happened once before and it was the latitude and longitude was wrong.   How would I enter 40.777842 -74.137157 for CWOP in Weather Display?

Screenshot_20230709-092530_Maps.png

nr0a....@gmail.com

Jul 9, 2023, 12:50:23 PM7/9/23
to James Munley, wxqc

The CWOP position uses the LORAN position format.  This uses degrees, minutes, and decimal minutes.  The format you listed is in degrees and decimal degrees format.  See http://wxqa.com/faq.html  item 3 for more information.  There is a link in that paragraph which will convert your data to the correct format.

40.777842 = DM.m 40 46.67052

-74.137157 = DM.m -74 8.22942

Hope this helps.

Cheers