DW5198 - Station Temporarily Removed

kelle...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2022, 8:24:47 PM6/4/22
to wxqc
I apologize if I have missed this information someplace, but I am in the process of putting my house up for sale and building a new house about 15 miles away. My weather station has now been taken down (still need to shut everything down so that it stops transmitting data), and we will be putting it back up at the new property. I have no idea how long it will be down since we have not begun the building of the new house yet. But, we may put it up before the house is finished if we can get internet set up there (we may be living on the property until house is finished).

How do I discontinue QC monitoring?

The good news is that now I can REALLY give it a good cleaning. :-)

Thanks,

Kelley Miller
DW5198
Quinlan, TX

Denver Johnston

Jun 5, 2022, 12:55:26 PM6/5/22
to wxqc
I may not be answering your question directly, but will give some feedback.  When I moved about 2 years ago, it seemed more appropriate and easier to discontinue use of the old station ID and names that I had been using to send data to downstream systems like CWOP and Wunderground, and let them become obsolete.  When it came time to get the weather station up and running at the new location, I treated it like a new installation.  I configured the Davis weather station console with the new GPS coordinates, reconfigured the WeatherCat software on my Mac, and used the standard process for activating my "new" station with the downstream systems.

Also, at least with my setup, it is important to shut down the system gracefully, shutting down the weather station itself first, and making sure all of the data flows through the Davis Console and Weather Cat software as expected.   In my case, since I did not shut the weather station down immediately, I had an issue with WeatherCat as it kept trying to load historical data from the old setup when I was trying to get the new setup going and the new location...

Denver