Waether Station WiFi Internet

Edgardo Bonion Alves Rolo

Aug 29, 2023, 4:32:51 PM8/29/23
to wxqc

I want to know how to connect a WiFi Internet weather station without connection to a PC to CWOP/NOAA/APRS ?

Thanks a lot

ID: DW9577
Edgardo

Message has been deleted

Don Curtis

Aug 29, 2023, 4:51:52 PM8/29/23
to Edgardo Bonion Alves Rolo, wxqc
Something like meteobridge

You will need a wifi based browser to set it

Ted Lum

Aug 29, 2023, 6:34:18 PM8/29/23
to wxqc

You’ll need to check the manual/talk to the manufacturer to determine if their hardware supports CWOP. If it does, they should be able to tell you how to configure it. If it does not then you’ll need to run some additional software, most likely on an additional computer – anywhere from an SBC like a Raspberry-PI to a full-blown PC – assuming you can even get the data out in a format you can use. Since you asked a very general question, I can only give you a very general answer. It would help to know more specifics.

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.

Don Curtis

Aug 29, 2023, 7:24:29 PM8/29/23
to Ted Lum, wxqc
The suggestion I sent him about Meteobridge requires nothing more than a webbrowser on the same wifi network as the weather station and access to the internet.  No PC needed.  I configured mine (many years ago) an Motorola Android tablet, back when Honeycomb was the latest and greatest version of android.  Now I use my cell phone if I need to do anything with it.

Karl

Sep 4, 2023, 5:14:24 AM9/4/23
to wxqc
I've used Meteobridge for several years and it works very reliably, almost no power, and not too difficult to setup. We can go away for weeks and I can check anytime that it continues to work. The ~50 euro price is well worth it.

Leo Herzog

Sep 4, 2023, 10:21:59 AM9/4/23
to Edgardo Bonion Alves Rolo, wxqc
I have a script to make pulling station observations from Wunderground, MyAcurite, Davis Weatherlink, WeatherFlow Tempest, or Ambient Weather, and sending them along to CWOP via cwop.rest easy and free via Google Apps Script. It's available here if that's helpful to you:

Leo Herzog
IT Interaction Technologist
Hope College