wxpython-zombie

Rolf

Jul 8, 2021, 8:30:32 AM7/8/21
to con...@pypa.io
wxpython-zombie on PyPi makes the following claim:

"The development of wxPython has died. Assuming there will be no more
binary extension packages for future major versions of Python,
wxPython-zombie will provide the 64-bit binary extension package (build
with Visual Studio 2019) for MS Windows 10 and the source package to
build for Linux."

They do not provide a shred of evidence that this is true.
I can only suppose that this will cause a flurry of worry amongst
wxPython users.
Should such statements be allowed on PyPi without substantiating proof?

Regards,
RolfofSaxony

Scott Talbert

Jul 8, 2021, 9:11:32 AM7/8/21
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
wxPython development hasn't died, just stalled or slowed. My assumption
is that Robin is just busy with other things.

Scott

Rolf

Jul 8, 2021, 9:47:12 AM7/8/21
to Scott Talbert, wxPython-users
Scott, to avoid any doubt, that is *NOT* what I said.

I quoted the statement from wxpython-zombie in what amounts to a direct
complaint made to PyPi.org, bringing the unsubstantiated claim to their
attention.

Rolf
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wxpython-users/alpine.DEB.2.22.394.2107080909260.413379%40bear.techie.net.

Scott Talbert

Jul 8, 2021, 9:53:47 AM7/8/21
to Rolf, wxPython-users
On Thu, 8 Jul 2021, Rolf wrote:

> Scott, to avoid any doubt, that is *NOT* what I said.
>
> I quoted the statement from wxpython-zombie in what amounts to a direct
> complaint made to PyPi.org, bringing the unsubstantiated claim to their
> attention.

Yes, I know. :)

Scott

juanher...@gmail.com

Jul 8, 2021, 1:29:26 PM7/8/21
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
I have a question what is wxpython-zombie? I googled it but I couldn't find a definite answer.

Scott Talbert

Jul 8, 2021, 1:31:58 PM7/8/21

https://pypi.org/project/wxPython-zombie/