Installing wxpython2.9 (wxgtk2.9) in Linux

Thenuwan Jayasinghe

Jul 10, 2021, 2:02:37 PM7/10/21
to wxPython-dev
Hi All,

This is my first email to this community.

I am a transportation modeler by profession and I am trying to use SUMO microscopic traffic simulator's SUMOPy extension [1]. I am running this on a Linux platform (Ubuntu 20.04). This particular project uses wxpython2.9. But I could not install it so I had to go with the 3.x version, which seems to be incompatible with the project.

Is there any way that I can install the above version?

Thanks in advance.
Thenuwan

Scott Talbert

Jul 10, 2021, 6:45:12 PM7/10/21
to Thenuwan Jayasinghe, wxPython-dev
The short answer is that you likely cannot install wxPython 2.9 on Ubuntu 20.04 as 2.9 only works with Python 2.7 and as far as I know, 2.7 was removed from Ubuntu 20.04.

Scott

Mario Lacunza

Jul 11, 2021, 3:22:26 AM7/11/21
to wxPyth...@googlegroups.com
Yes Scott is correct. My advice is install wxpython in a virtualbox Ubuntu 16 and work there till you can migrate to the new version.