Socket Events

1 view

Darkimmortal

Oct 26, 2008, 11:38:54 PM10/26/08
to wxJavaScript
Having looked through both the documentation and the C++ source, I
simply can't find how to set socket event callbacks, which, going by
the documentation for wxSocketBase.notify() and sockevth.cpp, seem to
exist in some form.

The closest I got to getting anything whatsoever to happen was by
calling .notify(true) (strangely, false caused the same error - only
omitting notify altogether bypassed the error) on a wxSocketServer
using various flags (all produced the same result) - wxjs.exe crashing
and producing the following error (on Windows Vista 64bit):

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wxjs.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 48189184
Fault Module Name: wxbase28u_net_vc_custom.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.8.7.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 47f3c31a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00009364
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

The same crash occured on a Windows 2003 server, albeit silently
(probably due to settings).

Alternatively, I need a way to have the GUI respond as normal when
sending commands to a socket server and wait an arbitrarily long
amount of time (perhaps minutes or more) for a response (not on a
different socket each time, but rather with each command given a
unique id to reference the responses to).

Franky Braem

Oct 29, 2008, 11:51:00 AM10/29/08
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
Darkimmortal schreef: