wxJavaScript 0.9.75 released

Franky Braem

Dec 7, 2008, 1:58:44 PM12/7/08
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
Today I've released version 0.9.75. It's the last release with this
name. The next release will call ...

These are the changes:

- Internally wxJavaScript uses UTF-8 instead of UTF-16.
- wxJavaScript uses POCO now for all common classes instead of wxWidgets.
This will make it possible to run wxJavaScript without wxWidgets
dll's when
you don't need wxWidgets GUI classes.
- wxMemoryBuffer is replaced by the Buffer class
- wxJS_expat: use expat 2.0.1
- wxJS_sqlite: use SQLite 3.6.3
- wxJS_ext is removed. All classes are moved to wxJS_GUI. Modules that
used wxWidgets classes from wxJS_ext must use a simple object now and
retrieve properties from them.
- wxJS_io:
+ wxFilename getTimes and setTimes are now property times
- wxJS_gd:
FreeType is now integrated, no separate dll is needed
- wxJS_gui:
+ wxAnimation
+ wxAnimationCtrl
+ wxImage constructor with InputStream and MemoryBuffer arguments
to make it possible to interchange GD images with wxWidgets without
creating a file (feature request 1956514)
- Solve bug 1955720 (gui crash on exit, when gui module wasn't
loaded last)
+ wxAuiManager
+ wxAuiPaneInfo
+ wxAuiNotebook
+ wxBookCtrl
+ wxChoicebook
+ wxListbook
+ wxTreebook
+ wxToolbook
+ wxNotebook
+ wxSizerFlags
+ wxSizerItem
+ several methods/properties on wxSizer
+ wxCursor (+ wxIsBusy, wxBeginBusyCursor, wxEndBusyCursor)
+ wxCollapsiblePane
+ wxCalculateLayoutEvent, wxLayoutAlgorithm
+ wxQueryLayoutInfoEvent, wxSashWindow, wxSashLayoutWindow
+ wxCaret
+ wxPickerBase, wxColourPickerCtrl
- The scope of an argument of an event handler is restricted to the
handler.
When you store this argument in another variable and access it outside
the handler the result will always be null.
+ wxBitmapButton (+bitmapHover)
+ wxCheckBox : Add 3-state
+ wxDirDialog: add styles
+ wxGauge (+vertical, pulse)
- wxListHitTest removed (hittest now returns multiple values)
+ wxMenu (+appendSubMenu, +appendCheckItem, +appendRadioItem,
+prepend, +prependSeparator, +prependCheckItem,
+prependRadioItem,
+insertCheck, +insertCheckItem, +insertRadioItem,
+insertSeparator)
actions can not be added anymore using append, prepend, ... use
the actions property directory now.
+ wxPanel (-defaultItem, +initDialog, +setFocusIgnoringChildren)
- wxTreeHitTest removed (hittest now returns multiple values)
+ setSizeHints moved from wxWindow to wxTopLevelWindow
+ wxSize (+ fullySpecified, setDefaults)
+ wxColour (+ alpha)
+ wxColourDatabase (+ addColour)
- wxJS_curl: moved to version 7.19.1. OpenSSL can be used now,
source code is also integrated in wxJavaScript
- argv is now set on the global object. And argv[0] points to the name
of the script

goldentim...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2008, 11:42:14 PM12/7/08
to wxJavaScript
What's the new name?

I am curious why you decided to use POCO? Is it faster than
wxWidgets?

franky...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2008, 1:29:41 AM12/8/08
to wxJavaScript
I've choosen POCO because I got several complaints about why people
needed all the wxWidgets stuff and they don't need it when developing
web pages. POCO also contains better classes for working with sockets,
sending mail, http, ... Also wxODBC is not supported anymore in the
next version of wxWidgets and POCO has a data library that works with
ODBC, mysql and sqlite. It's also possible to link POCO statically so
people don't need to use POCO dll's.

I've choosen the new name, but I don't communicate it until I've setup
some web environment.

Franky.
> >     of the script- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

goldentim...@gmail.com

Dec 8, 2008, 4:36:59 AM12/8/08
to wxJavaScript
How did you know I needed wxODBC :) thanks.

I checked out POCO, and not sure if there is any the multi-thread and
debugging potential for (GLUEscript)?

Terence