Tracemonkey ?

Fabien Meghazi

Oct 16, 2008, 9:15:17 AM10/16/08
to wxJavaScript
Hi all,

I'm currently searching for a server side javascript solution and I
wonder if wxJavascript will use tracemonkey when it will be released
or will it stick to spidermonkey ?

Franky Braem

Oct 16, 2008, 9:23:30 AM10/16/08
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
Fabien Meghazi schreef:
When TraceMonkey will be released I certainly will look at it. In the
next release of wxJavaScript I'm concentrating the SpiderMonkey code in
one class, so that a new engine can be integrated more easily.

Franky.

Fabien Meghazi

Oct 16, 2008, 9:33:55 AM10/16/08
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
> When TraceMonkey will be released I certainly will look at it. In the
> next release of wxJavaScript I'm concentrating the SpiderMonkey code in
> one class, so that a new engine can be integrated more easily.

This is interesting ! If I understand correctly, your class design
makes it easy to substitute any javascript engine ? Unfortunately I
don't know C++ so I can't check it out by myself.
So after the js engine wars, when we'll know who wins (tracemonkey, v8
,squirelfish) it could be used in wxJavascript ? ( if the js engine
makes it easy to be embedded of course)

I also wonder if you received feedback of people using wxJavascript
for web application development in a production environment. (For real
business applications ?)

--
Fabien Meghazi

Website: http://www.amigrave.com
Email: a...@amigrave.com
IM: amig...@gmail.com

Franky Braem

Oct 16, 2008, 9:49:40 AM10/16/08
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
Fabien Meghazi schreef:

>> When TraceMonkey will be released I certainly will look at it. In the
>> next release of wxJavaScript I'm concentrating the SpiderMonkey code in
>> one class, so that a new engine can be integrated more easily.
>>

> This is interesting ! If I understand correctly, your class design
> makes it easy to substitute any javascript engine ? Unfortunately I
> don't know C++ so I can't check it out by myself.
> So after the js engine wars, when we'll know who wins (tracemonkey, v8
> ,squirelfish) it could be used in wxJavascript ? ( if the js engine
> makes it easy to be embedded of course)

It still would ask some work to switch engines, but I try to concentrate
as much code of SpiderMonkey into one class.

> I also wonder if you received feedback of people using wxJavascript
> for web application development in a production environment. (For real
> business applications ?)

Only Remote Writer is an application that uses wxJavaScript on server
side. I wouldn't use it yet for critical production websites. I work
hard to make a 1.0 release ...

Franky.

whoiste...@hotmail.com

Oct 21, 2008, 4:42:27 AM10/21/08
to wxJavaScript
I use wxjs in small scale production, not sure what scale you're
planning. Franky fixes bugs quite quickly.

I used the ODBC module mainly and on client side I use YUI to generate
reports. I use wxFILE module too for simple data storage on server.

The only thing I wish wxjs has, is a debugging mechanism.

Terence