GUI examples don't work.

emc...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2009, 1:27:38 AM2/28/09
to wxJavaScript
I downloaded wxJavascript for Windows, and tried the GUI examples in
the samples folder, but none of them seem to work. They all give the
following error: "ReferenceError: wxTheApp is not defined".

I'm sure there's something obvious I'm missing here. Is there some
command line parameter I'm missing, or something else I was supposed
to install?

Franky Braem

Feb 28, 2009, 12:26:02 PM2/28/09
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
emc...@gmail.com schreef:
Are you loading the gui module in modules.js?

Franky.

emc...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2009, 2:14:39 AM3/1/09
to wxJavaScript
Ah, ok, I knew it was something obvious.

Unfortunately, I have a new problem, now. Although all the GUI samples
open now, the majority of them cause the wxjs to give an unhandled
exception and crash as soon as I move the mouse arrow over the window.

On Feb 28, 12:26 pm, Franky Braem <franky.br...@gmail.com> wrote:

emc...@gmail.com

Mar 1, 2009, 7:52:45 AM3/1/09
to wxJavaScript
I'm on Windows Server 2003 x64, I tried it out on Windows XP 32-bit
running on VMware, and it worked fine. Do I have to compile a separate
64 bit version?

Franky Braem

Mar 1, 2009, 9:22:27 AM3/1/09
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
The compiled version is build on win 32bit. So it's better to build a
new version.
Be aware that the next version of wxJavaScript will be GLUEscript. So
the current development is done on http://gluescript.sf.net

Franky.

emc...@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2009, 2:20:15 PM3/3/09
to wxJavaScript
Ok, thanks for the help. I'm going to go ahead and try building it on
this system.

On Mar 1, 9:22 am, Franky Braem <franky.br...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The compiled version is build on win 32bit. So it's better to build a
> new version.
> Be aware that the next version of wxJavaScript will be GLUEscript. So
> the current development is done onhttp://gluescript.sf.net
>
> Franky.

tenze...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2009, 1:43:31 PM3/8/09
to wxJavaScript
how can I "loading the gui module"?

I'm in trouble. I have tried to create a "modules.js",and write as
below:

wxjs.modules.gui = new Module("wxjs_gui.dll");
wxjs.modules.gui.load();

or use wxjs /m "wxjs_gui.dll" filename . // I don't
know the meaning of "<str>"
but don't work each other.just tell me "ReferenceError: wxTheApp is
not defined"

and my question is "how can I 'loading the gui module' ?" ,maybe
it's sooooooo easy to author.

On 3月1日, 上午1时26分, Franky Braem <franky.br...@gmail.com> wrote:

Franky Braem

Mar 8, 2009, 1:50:43 PM3/8/09
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
tenze...@gmail.com schreef:

> how can I "loading the gui module"?
>
> I'm in trouble. I have tried to create a "modules.js",and write as
> below:
>
> wxjs.modules.gui = new Module("wxjs_gui.dll");
> wxjs.modules.gui.load();

Try with the full path.

Franky

Ricardo

Apr 6, 2009, 6:14:05 PM4/6/09
to wxJavaScript
On Vista 32-bit the same thing happens, every time there is a control
that accepts user input a simple mouseover causes the app to crash.

- ricardo