GLUEscript

Franky Braem

Dec 9, 2008, 3:53:29 PM12/9/08
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
GLUEscript (Glueing Libraries Using EcmaScript) will be the successor of
wxJavaScript. The new name covers the goal of this project better then
the old one: create a JavaScript engine which can be used as a general
purpose language (like perl for instance).

I want to thank Brian (USCode) for the proposal of this new name.

In the meantime this group and the website will still call wxJavaScript.
I've asked for a rename of the UNIX-project name on SourceForge, but
there's seem to be a queue for renames. When the rename is finished,
I'll move the website back to the sourceforge pages
(http://gluescript.sf.net). I'll have to remove the Google Ads (because
of SourceForge policies). But I don't mind because after 3 years, I only
earned 100$.

Franky.

whoiste...@hotmail.com

Dec 13, 2008, 12:32:23 AM12/13/08
to wxJavaScript
Don't I get partial credit for the full name? :)

http://groups.google.com/group/wxjavascript/msg/29b8d68213a118da?dmode=source

Terence

Franky Braem

Dec 13, 2008, 8:57:43 AM12/13/08
to wxjava...@googlegroups.com
You get the most credit because you're the one who use and test wxJavaScript, GLUEscript the most.

Franky.

USCode

Dec 16, 2008, 6:19:03 PM12/16/08
to wxJavaScript
This is good news! I think Franky could really be on to something
here;
Javascript is a very popular programming language with browser-based
application developers but with GLUEscript those Javascript developers
can transfer their existing skills to developing all kinds of
applications, not just browser-based ones.

As of this writing, Javascript is the 9th most popular programming
language: http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html

An environment that will also let me create client-side GUI and batch
applications using Javascript, leveraging popular open-source
libraries, is going to be great!
One less language to learn means more time spent developing
applications!
Keep up the good work Franky and thanks! Looking forward to the first
release of GLUEscript.
Brian (USCode)