JavaScript GUI?

nsh...@yahoo.com

Jul 14, 2009, 8:55:32 AM7/14/09
to wxJavaScript
Hi I'm a web dev I love coding in JS it's second nature to me.

A few years ago I wrote a VB6 app that used the MS web browser
"control" to load external JS webpages to I could in effect control an
application (file io, printing, db etc) from JavaScript.

It worked well for sevral projects I was involved in at the time,
great using - dev time was super fast as I did not have to touch
compiled code.

Obviously using VB6 was a thorn in my open-source-stack side, so I
have been on the lookout for something else for some time.

Recently I found a project called Shoes for doing what I'm looking for
------- in Ruby.

All of the JS solutions I have found arnt open source, or don't work
outside Cygwin, or require Wine, or don't work with Apple's Native
stuff or require more knowledge about compiling and arn't portable - I
believe you should just be able to double click and go.

I think I will keep an eye on this - even though I have no idea how to
use it.