wxPython 4.1.2a1 on macOS with M1 chip

Transana

May 16, 2022, 12:14:31 PM5/16/22
to wxpytho...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just got a Mac with an M1 chip.

I can install and run wxPython 4.1.1 through pip with no difficulties.
(I'm using Python 3.9.)

However, because of an issue in 4.1.1, I need to use 4.1.2a1, the latest
development release.  I have downloaded the appropriate version, and
installed it using pip.  When I try to import wx, however, I get the
following:

>>> import wx
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File
"/Users/davidwoods/Documents/Python/git/Transana/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wx/__init__.py",
line 17, in <module>
    from wx.core import *
  File
"/Users/davidwoods/Documents/Python/git/Transana/venv/lib/python3.9/site-packages/wx/core.py",
line 12, in <module>
    from ._core import * ImportError: dynamic module does not define
module export function (PyInit__core)

Any ideas what I can do to get the lastest Dev release to work properly
with an M1 chip?

David