Reminder: New "Discuss wxPython" site

Robin Dunn

Aug 15, 2019, 11:27:50 PM8/15/19
to wxPython-users, wxPython-dev
Hi all,

Just in case anybody missed the announcement, or hasn't taken the time
to check it out yet, I thought it was time for a reminder about the new
wxPython discussion site, https://discuss.wxPython.org/. The original
announcement is here:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/wxpython-users/goFLHWiIHnk/tHgjcHtOCgAJ

Now that it's been active for a few weeks I can say that I'm confident
that it will be a good avenue for communication within the wxPython
community. I encourage everybody to try it out. It's much easier for me
to keep up with incoming messages there so I think there will be less
that slip through the cracks.

For those that prefer email, the site's mail list mode (which can be
turned on in your preferences) works as expected, as does replying to
notification emails, and etc. Starting a new conversation via email
works too,[*] you just need to send a message to
{category-name}@wxpython.org, where the category-name is a dashed
version of the names seen on the site, like "newbie-help".

Robin

[*] You will need to have a non-zero trust level to be able to start new
topics via email, so you'll need to interact with the site normally for
a while first, reading and posting.

Mario Lacunza

Aug 17, 2019, 1:02:08 PM8/17/19
to wxPyth...@googlegroups.com
Hello Robin,

I think thats the future and this mailing list will going to die in some moment.

The best option is keep all the messages in the cloud and I start using the discuss site instead of this, hope the rest do the same, thanks for the new resource!

Saludos / Best regards

Mario Lacunza
Email:: mlac...@gmail.com
Personal Website:: http://www.lacunza.biz/
Hosting:: http://mlv-host.com/
Skype: mlacunzav

Lima - Peru

Nicolas Pinault

Aug 17, 2019, 1:12:28 PM8/17/19
to wxPyth...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robin,

Thanks for reminding.
I like Discuss (I already use it with other projects).
Thanks for setting it up !

Nicolas