wxWidget3.0.1(gtk) : Error: this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called

Mahmoud Eltahawy

Sep 30, 2014, 2:15:58 PM9/30/14
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
I am using wxWidget3.0.1(gtk) and I am trying to access the wxGrid from a thread body (locking/unlock gui during access) but I got this message:

[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
 xcb_io.c:178: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.

Can u please help?

Thanks
Mahmoud

Igor Korot

Sep 30, 2014, 2:23:08 PM9/30/14
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Mahmoud,
Accessing GUI from secondary thread is not supported.
You best choice is to post event from the thread to the main GUI thread and process the event.

Thank you.

Mahmoud Eltahawy

Sep 30, 2014, 2:41:25 PM9/30/14
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Igor,
But I  am using wxMutexGuiEnter before access wxGrid and wxMutexGuiLeave after ..is it still supported?

Thanks
Mahmoud