Is it possible to customize wxListCtrl appearance

Sean Mayard

Jul 2, 2022, 2:52:57 AM7/2/22
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
I am using virtual wxListCtrl because there are many rows(items) that i have to scoll. This is working fine. But now i want customize the appearance of the complete wxListCtrl. For example, the color, height , width of the header row(and each coln entry in the header row) as well as i want to customise the appearance of every other row that is actually scrolled. Basically i want to use custom wxPanel as the row of the wxListCtrl.

Now, i know that wxListCtrl doesn't offer this functionality. So i want to manually implement this. But problem is that i don't know how to implement the virtual scrolling. I tried looking at the source code of wxlistctrl in github repo, but i couldn't figure it out just by reading the source code.

So my question is that is there some documentation where i can read about implementing virtual scrolling that was used to implement wxListCtrl?

In the github i noticed that Vadim, Julian, Robert et al have written the listctrl.h. So maybe they will have some documentation for implementing a virtual scrolling in wxwidgets.

I want to read the implementation part before coding it such that the appearance of my custom scrollist is same(more or less) in both Linux and windows.

Gunter Königsmann

Jul 2, 2022, 7:46:51 AM7/2/22
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com, Sean Mayard
wxScrolled<wxPanel> provides a scrolling panel you can fill with whatever you want...

Sean Mayard

Jul 2, 2022, 8:39:01 AM7/2/22
to Gunter Königsmann, wx-u...@googlegroups.com
Ok, at the end of the day i want that since my scroll list have many rows(around 1000 or more) and say 5 columns so i should be able to use virtual scrolling so that everything will should not be drawn at once on the screen. That is, only the rows that are visible should be drawn as usually happens in virtual scrolling list.

Can you give me some more steps through which i can use wxScrolled<wxPanel> to do this or some links where i can read more about it.

Note that i know how to use wxScrolledWindow but i dont think wxScrolledWindow offers virtual scrolling