wxRuby3 v1.0.0 released

Martin Corino

May 15, 2024, 9:16:40 AMMay 15
to wx-users
It's time! wxRuby3 has reached it's 1.0.0 stable release.

This release targets the wxWidgets 3.2.5 release by default which contains (among many others) quite some fixes which came from the development of wxRuby3.

What has Changed
  • improved documentation
  • support building against wxWidgets HEAD version
  • improved stability
  • add Wx::Overlay and Wx::DCOverlay
  • add 2D affine transformation support
  • add Wx::GraphicsRenderer
  • various DC support improvements
  • add large 2D drawing sample
How to install

gem install wxruby3

See the INSTALL documentation
(https://mcorino.github.io/wxRuby3/file.INSTALL.html) for more details.
Binary packages for major platforms are available as release assets on Github.

Where can I learn more?

Usage Documentation: see the Wiki (https://github.com/mcorino/wxRuby3/wiki)

API Documentation: https://mcorino.github.io/wxRuby3/index.html

Source code: https://github.com/mcorino/wxruby3

Rubygems: https://rubygems.org/gems/wxruby3

Vadim Zeitlin

May 17, 2024, 9:03:16 AMMay 17
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 15 May 2024 06:16:39 -0700 (PDT) Martin Corino wrote:

MC> It's time! wxRuby3 has reached it's 1.0.0 stable release.

Congratulations!

I think this would be definitely worth an announcement on
www.wxwidgets.org front page, please don't hesitate to make a PR with your
own post in the wxWidgets/website repository. And if not -- and assuming
you don't mind -- I'll try to write at least a couple of lines about it
myself.

Thanks again for all your work on wxRuby and wxWidgets itself!
VZ

Martin Corino

May 18, 2024, 4:07:35 AMMay 18
to wx-users