Possible wxListView bug?

Marco DeFreitas

Feb 29, 2024, 12:40:11 PMFeb 29
to wx-users

I am having problems with wxListView and multi-select. After I select and item and delete it, the multi-select feature seems to break. I can see this in the listctrl sample program as well. I am using wxWidgets 3.2.1 on Red Hat 8 Linux. You can see the problem by bringing up the listctrl sample program and then:

1) From the menu, select “List->Multiple Selection”

2) Click on the first item to select it

3) From the menu. Select "List->Delete first item"

4) Click on the second row

5) Shift-click the third row

Instead of the second and third row being selected, the first through third are selected. Note that this problem does NOT occur if I skip step 2 from above. I’m not sure if this is a bug in the wx-Widgets code or in the sample program...

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Marco

Vadim Zeitlin

Mar 2, 2024, 11:11:56 AMMar 2
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 29 Feb 2024 09:40:11 -0800 (PST) Marco DeFreitas wrote:

MD> I am having problems with wxListView and multi-select. After I select and
MD> item and delete it, the multi-select feature seems to break. I can see this
MD> in the listctrl sample program as well. I am using wxWidgets 3.2.1 on Red
MD> Hat 8 Linux. You can see the problem by bringing up the listctrl sample
MD> program and then:
MD>
MD> 1) From the menu, select “List->Multiple Selection”
MD>
MD> 2) Click on the first item to select it
MD>
MD> 3) From the menu. Select "List->Delete first item"
MD>
MD> 4) Click on the second row
MD>
MD> 5) Shift-click the third row
MD>
MD> Instead of the second and third row being selected, the first through third
MD> are selected. Note that this problem does NOT occur if I skip step 2 from
MD> above. I’m not sure if this is a bug in the wx-Widgets code or in the
MD> sample program...
MD>
MD> Any ideas?

Hello Marco

From the description it looks like it could be the same problem that was
recently fixed by https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/24332 (thanks
to @taler21) and, indeed, I can't reproduce it following the steps above
with the current master.

Could you please check if applying the same fix to your version helps?
I've also just pushed this fix to 3.2 branch, so if you update to the very
latest 3.2 from Git (what will become 3.2.5 soon), the problem should also
be fixed -- but please let us know if it isn't.

Regards,
VZ

https://www.tt-solutions.com/

Marco DeFreitas

Mar 3, 2024, 10:23:57 AMMar 3
to wx-users
Yes, the latest version fixed the problem. Thanks!