nanosvg with non-uniform scaling

Vojtěch Bubník

Jan 19, 2023, 3:43:17 AM1/19/23
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vadim and the gang.

FYI our developers stumbled over nanosvg fork that implements non-uniform rasterization. It is part of the fltk toolkit, thus I expect it to be well tested.

https://github.com/fltk/nanosvg

Vojtech

Vadim Zeitlin

Jan 19, 2023, 8:56:47 AM1/19/23
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 09:43:05 +0100 Vojtěch Bubník wrote:

VB> Hi Vadim and the gang.
VB>
VB> FYI our developers stumbled over nanosvg fork that implements non-uniform
VB> rasterization. It is part of the fltk toolkit, thus I expect it to be well
VB> tested.
VB>
VB> https://github.com/fltk/nanosvg

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but why exactly would we need (or
want) this? We're not really interested in changing the aspect ratio of the
images created from SVG, are we?

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

Vojtěch Bubník

Jan 19, 2023, 9:40:18 AM1/19/23
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
We are having a need to change aspect ratio when generating textures of power of two.
Changing aspect ratio may not be needed for bitmaps on buttons and similar elements, but it may be useful for other purposes.

Vadim Zeitlin

Jan 19, 2023, 9:43:21 AM1/19/23
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:40:05 +0100 Vojtěch Bubník wrote:

VB> We are having a need to change aspect ratio when generating textures of
VB> power of two.
VB> Changing aspect ratio may not be needed for bitmaps on buttons and similar
VB> elements, but it may be useful for other purposes.

Perhaps, but wx doesn't even provide an API to use SVG directly, it's only
used for wxBitmapBundle implementation. This has been discussed in the
past, see https://groups.google.com/g/wx-users/c/pSf34h60apc/m/j2V3DATGDgAJ
but nothing was done about it yet...