wxHtmlEasyPrinting printing png files with transparent background

turk...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2022, 8:56:20 AM12/7/22
to wx-users
Hello

I have a problem with printing png files with transparent background. It looks ok in preview mode, but it has black background when printed. The problem can be reproduced in html/printing sample.

Vadim Zeitlin

Dec 8, 2022, 12:18:53 PM12/8/22
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, 7 Dec 2022 05:56:20 -0800 (PST) turk...@gmail.com wrote:

t> I have a problem with printing png files with transparent background. It
t> looks ok in preview mode, but it has black background when printed. The
t> problem can be reproduced in html/printing sample.

Which platform are you testing this under and does this happen with any
printer (e.g. PDF one, which is the simplest to test with) or only some
particular one?

Regards,
VZ

http://www.tt-solutions.com/

turk...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2022, 1:46:59 AM12/9/22
to wx-users
Thank you for response.

Windows 8.1/10/11
It happens with any physical printers and with "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" virtual printer.
I haven't tried it yet with PDF virtual printer.

turk...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2022, 1:56:38 AM12/9/22
to wx-users
I tried it with the "Bullzip PDF printer". Same thing, black background instead of transparency.

PB

Dec 9, 2022, 9:40:42 AM12/9/22
to wx-users
Hi,

I can reproduce this with master and 3.2.1 on Windows 10 using unmodified "printing" sample with "Microsoft Print to PDF" and "Adobe PDF" printers.

wxWidgets logo is background black where it should be transparent.

Regards,
PB

Vadim Zeitlin

Dec 10, 2022, 6:50:02 AM12/10/22
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com, PB
On Fri, 9 Dec 2022 06:40:42 -0800 (PST) PB wrote:

P> I can reproduce this with master and 3.2.1 on Windows 10 using unmodified
P> "printing" sample with "Microsoft Print to PDF" and "Adobe PDF" printers.
P>
P> wxWidgets logo is background black where it should be transparent.

Thanks, I can see it too. I can't debug this right now, but it needs to be
fixed, of course, so please open an issue for this so that it doens't get
forgotten.

Also, if anybody know/remembers by chance if this worked in a previous
version (I think it did?), please let me know what was the last version in
which it worked.

Thanks,