Access to buildbots VM

Igor Korot

Sep 21, 2021, 9:35:27 AM9/21/21
to wx-dev
Hi,
Is there a way to get access to the buildbot VMs?
If not - where can I download it from?

Thank you.

Vadim Zeitlin

Sep 21, 2021, 10:20:04 AM9/21/21
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:35:12 -0500 Igor Korot wrote:

IK> Is there a way to get access to the buildbot VMs?

We don't use buildbot since many years. If you mean GitHub VMs, then no, I
didn't find any way to get exactly the images they use. You can use
https://github.com/nektos/act for Linux builds.

Regards,
VZ

Igor Korot

Sep 21, 2021, 11:27:49 AM9/21/21
to wx-dev
Vadim,

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 9:20 AM Vadim Zeitlin <va...@wxwidgets.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 08:35:12 -0500 Igor Korot wrote:
>
> IK> Is there a way to get access to the buildbot VMs?
>
> We don't use buildbot since many years. If you mean GitHub VMs,

Yes, sorry.
I should have been more explicit.

> then no, I
> didn't find any way to get exactly the images they use. You can use
> https://github.com/nektos/act for Linux builds.

Is there a way to gin to them and debug my failures.
I am getting issues on MSVC, Cygwin and *nix right now.

Oe maybe there is a way to download them and try it here locally?
I tested it and it works correctly on the MSVC and GTK.
Don't have Cygwin installed - but maybe I should.

Thank you.

> Regards,
> VZ

Tobias T

Sep 22, 2021, 4:58:16 AM9/22/21
to wx-dev
With appveyor (which should be good for Cygwin and MSVC, failures) you can get (temporary) remote desktop accesss to the build VMs,
as described in the documentation here:

I'm not sure if something similar exists for the github linux containers (at least I think they are containers and not VMs).