wxMemoryDC based on a wxBitmap based on a wxImage with alpha

Daniel Dekkers

Jan 9, 2014, 7:55:48 AM1/9/14
to wx-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Is there a known problem with a wxMemoryDC based on an wxBitmap based on a wxImage that contains an alpha channel?

I’m getting garbage since 3.0, 3.1 (don’t know exactly) on wxMSW when I StretchBlit from the created wxMemoryDC to a wxBufferedPaintDC.

If I remove the alpha channel from the original wxImage, everything works fine.

Thanks,

Daniel Dekkers

Vadim Zeitlin

Jan 9, 2014, 8:40:37 AM1/9/14
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 13:55:48 +0100 Daniel Dekkers wrote:

DD> Is there a known problem with a wxMemoryDC based on an wxBitmap based on a
DD> wxImage that contains an alpha channel?
DD>
DD> I'm getting garbage since 3.0, 3.1 (don't know exactly) on wxMSW when I
DD> StretchBlit from the created wxMemoryDC to a wxBufferedPaintDC.

This is probably related to http://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/14403
(especially if it has only started recently).

Regards,
VZ

d.de...@cthrough.nl

Jan 9, 2014, 10:48:59 AM1/9/14
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, r75572 hasn't fixed it for me yet.
Something I can do? Make a small example to reproduce?

Thanks,
Daniel

Vadim Zeitlin

Jan 9, 2014, 10:50:52 AM1/9/14
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 9 Jan 2014 07:48:59 -0800 (PST) wrote:

> Ok, r75572 hasn't fixed it for me yet.

It's not like this. I'm afraid that r75566 broke it, so you should try
reverting it and see if the bug still happens.

> Something I can do? Make a small example to reproduce?

This is always welcome, of course. But I still hope it's the same problem
so it might not be necessary.

Regards,
VZ

d.de...@cthrough.nl

Jan 11, 2014, 12:33:23 PM1/11/14
to wx-...@googlegroups.com
Yeee... alpha is back in todays revision.
Much appreciated...

Op donderdag 9 januari 2014 16:50:52 UTC+1 schreef VZ:
AlphaBack.png