Re[2]: [wx-dev] wxTimers

Vadim Zeitlin

Oct 2, 2008, 4:29:25 AM10/2/08
to wx-...@lists.wxwidgets.org
On Thu, 02 Oct 2008 10:26:21 +0200 "Björn Tappert" <Bjoern....@gmx.de> wrote:

BT> do I have to start the event queue manually? I created a normal program
BT> with DialogBlocks, since I have buttons on the form which can klicked
BT> and raise events / do actions if they are clicked, I think that the
BT> event loop has to be running, is that true?

Yes, it is.

Unfortunately I don't see anything wrong with your code per se, so I can't
help you if this is not the problem. As usual, trying to reproduce the
problem with the minimal amount of the code (e.g. starting from the minimal
sample and adding a timer to it) will usually allow you to find it quite
quickly.

Good luck,
VZ

"Björn Tappert"

Oct 2, 2008, 8:29:14 AM10/2/08
to wx-...@lists.wxwidgets.org
Hello again,

I could backtrack the problem to the following:
If I create a wxTimer class in program it normally works. But:
In my program I create a thread with wxThread, and when I create and start the event in this thread, it doesn't work. So the problem is that I create and run the code in a wxThread.

Is there a possibility to work around this, meaning that I can start events also I am in this thread?? This is terrible ... :(

Thanks
Björn