Best place for posting pre-release announcements?

15 مرّة مشاهدة
التخطي إلى أول رسالة غير مقروءة

Vadim Zeitlin

غير مقروءة،
12‏/11‏/2023، 7:37:33 م12‏/11‏/2023
إلى wx-dev
Hello,

As discussed in https://github.com/wxWidgets/wxWidgets/pull/23309, where
another problem has been found just after the release (rather than before,
as I'd have preferred), I'd like to send out pre-release announcements in
order to ask maintainers of various wxWidgets packages to try rebuilding
them and, most importantly, applications depending on them, in order to try
to detect any possible issues sooner.

I proposed creating a separate mailing list for such announcements, but I
am not sure if we really need it or if we should send these pre-release
posts to the existing wx-announce list instead. Granted, of ~250 people
subscribed to that list, most are probably only interested in the releases,
but I don't think we make them often enough (even in spite of the recent
improvements!) for the extra posts to be really bothersome.

But the main question is what would the maintainers themselves prefer:

1. Subscribing to the existing wx-announce.
2. Subscribing to some new mailing list.
3. Use some different notification mechanism (which one?).

Any thoughts would be welcome!
VZ
الرد على الكل
رد على الكاتب