customizing pluto themes

infominer

May 21, 2020, 1:20:02 PM5/21/20
to wwwmake
Hello.

I'm using the blank template as the basis for my explorations into css...  Although I must say, I've found it difficult to improve upon.. some changes are imperceptible, others cause unexpected side effects :)

One problem I found was when I tried 16px font size for the feed items, it caused some overflow issues... where I can scroll left and right, sometimes a lot if a long line didn't wrap properly...

I can live with 14px font, I suppose.. it's just a bit perplexing to me.. css is crazy.

One thing I've been really curious about, is it possible to make snippets view default?

---Thanks for all your awesome work!

I'm realizing I've been bumping into it quite a lot over the past few years.

Gerald Bauer

May 22, 2020, 4:17:06 AM5/22/20
to www...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
As always thanks for posting your updates, examples and
tips&tricks. That keeps the forum alive and maybe sometime more join
in.

> One thing I've been really curious about, is it possible to make snippets view default?

A quick and dirty way is to add at the end in js/blank.js:

$(document).ready( function() {
showSnippets();
}

A more "clean" way is to change the blank.css / scss - and remove
the display: none

.item-snippet {
display: none; // hide on startup
}

from .item-snippet and add add a new rule

.item-content {
display: none;
}

Note - that - sorry - that's just a sketch - that is, untested but
should give you the idea. Don't be afraid to break things :-).
Cheers. Prost.

infominer

May 23, 2020, 6:07:51 PM5/23/20
to wwwmake
Yes!

moving display none from item-snippet over to item-content works perfectly!

.item-snippet {
}

.item-content {
  display