using datasette to explore sqlite .db files

infominer

May 23, 2020, 5:04:27 PM5/23/20
to wwwmake
I found this tool for exploring the sqlite files. I've been wondering, because the syntax for querying database is a bit arcane, from my perspective, what the simplest way to get started playing with these datasets?

Meet Datasette!

% pip3 install datasette

% datasette planetid.db
INFO:     Uvicorn running on http://127.0.0.1:8001 (Press CTRL+C to quit)

A tool for exploring and publishing data http://datasette.readthedocs.io/

infominer

May 24, 2020, 10:19:55 AM5/24/20
to wwwmake
Just found this related repository:

Dogsheep is a collection of tools for personal analytics using SQLite and Datasette.

Big internet companies know a lot about us. By exporting that data back out of them we can see what they know and maybe learn something interesting about ourselves.

Read more about Dogsheep on my blog: simonwillison.net/tags/dogsheep

Then there's a handful of tools for transforming your data exports from various services into sqlite, to be explorable via Datasette