Pure Github Pages install

Luke Murray

May 17, 2021, 9:28:41 AM5/17/21
to wwwmake

Hey guys, love the work! First came across this from: https://www.planetpowershell.com/preview and https://planet.opensuse.org/.

I want to do something similar, RSS Aggregator (with similar theme) using Github Pages only, i'm a bit of noob when it comes to this. Is Planet Pluto capable of doing this?

Gerald Bauer

May 17, 2021, 9:41:56 AM5/17/21
to www...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Planet OpenSUSE [1][1b] runs on Planet Pluto as far as I know. It's
a two step setup:

Step 1) Planet Pluto - manages the feed list and fetches all feeds
and generates the "raw" static blog pages on github
Step 2) GitHub Pages (w/ built-in Jekyll) renders the blog pages using
a (custom) Jekyll theme and hosts the (static) generated web pages /
website

Another option I have seen is automating step 1) that is, fetching
all feeds with GitHub Actions every hour or every day or such.

So not sure if that fits your definition. Yes, Planet Pluto works
on GitHub and with GitHub Pages (Jekyll) and GitHub Actions BUT you
have to decide what you want to configure or automate.

Cheers. Prost.

[1] https://github.com/opensuse/planet-o-o
[1b] https://github.com/openSUSE/planet-o-o/blob/master/bin/jekyll-planet.rb