How are articles prioritized in planet.ini

Joe Rodgers

Apr 18, 2020, 4:52:28 PM4/18/20
to wwwmake
I've loaded a bunch (30+) sources in my planet.ini file. However I am only seeing articles by the top 5 sources.

Is there a way to process the entire list of sources and only publish articles for the whole list chronologically?

Gerald Bauer

Apr 19, 2020, 8:03:48 AM4/19/20
to www...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

> Is there a way to process the entire list of sources and only publish articles for the whole list chronologically?

Yes, it's all up-to-you, that is, all feeds and feed items get
stored in SQL tables all you have to do is to put together your own
SQL query for how you want the sources (feeds) or articles (feed
items) returned in your template.

For example, to list all articles (that is, from all sources)
reverse chronologically - this should do:

site.items.latest.limit(24).each do |item|
end

Limit is the SQL LIMIT that tells the query how many records
(articles) to include - if you leave it out you will get all. You can
count how many with count e.g.

site.items.count

And so on. Cheers. Prost.