[Sunrise Festival] Software Updates, Filename Formats, Recent Contributions

Kristina Collins

Apr 26, 2022, 2:00:24 PM4/26/22
to wwv-h_...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We are nearing the end of the Early Bird data collection period! Many thanks to everyone who has participated so far in this phase of the event.

Jupyter Notebook Updates
Kudos to Cuong KC3UAX, Aidan KB3UMD and Kenji JJ1BDX for their updates to the Jupyter Notebook. Audio and batch processing of files are now available: https://github.com/KCollins/wwv-h-wg
We're still working on the known issue of running out of RAM when running the notebook in Binder. (You can see the memory limits at the bottom of the interface.) Commenting out plots can help with this.

Filenames
I made an error in the specification of filenames on the webpage: the example filename omitted the iq/am tag. In the interest of fairness, I have dropped the filename bonus from the point calculations in the contest, so that no one who has collected data so far is unfairly penalized. Aidan has written a filename parser in the Jupyter Notebook which allows for a few different variations. The most important thing is to ensure that your filename includes the required metadata and uses UTC time.

Contributions
The deadline for submitting code and method contributions has been extended to 28 April. Here's what we've received so far:

I will post further updates to this list as we draw closer to the main data collection this weekend. Happy listening!

73,
-KC