September 16, 2020- Announcements

tjones

Sep 16, 2020, 11:12:21 AM9/16/20
to WWP South High School

                NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS:

  • Hey Pirates! We would like to invite you to the Journalism Club virtual interest meeting on Thursday, Sep. 17 (9/17) after school at 3:30! Here is a Zoom link to join the meeting: https://zoom.us/j/98454437200?pwd=V1MvQ3BvcnlqdmdrZytrQ2JvRWtTdz09 The Journalism Club gives students the opportunity to contribute to South’s school newspaper, The Pirate’s Eye, as freelance writers. You’ll be able to develop ideas for articles, conduct interviews, and learn about the unique aspects of journalistic writing, all while understanding the principles and ethics practiced by journalists. You can also contribute original artwork and photography. Journalism Club provides the perfect opportunity to improve not only your writing, but also your communication and collaboration skills. You’ll work with a staff of students to edit, meet deadlines, and help make each publication better than the last. Journalism is said to be the first rough draft of history, and if you want to help tell South’s history, then Journalism Club is for you! We look forward to meeting you all on 9/17. Check out our website, where we will be publishing this year: www.thepirateseye.org
  • Do you like to code? Do you want to code but don't know where to start? Or do you want a new way to practice your coding skills? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Absolute Coding Club is for you!

Absolute Coding is an after school club that meets every Monday from 3-4 PM on our club discord. To join the discord, please click this link: https://discord.com/invite/92tNaGm

The first meeting date will be 9/28 from 3 - 4PM, but is subject to change, so make sure to check out the club discord for more details. We hope to see you there!

Interested in molecular biology? Want to publish your own research?  Find out more in the Waksman Club.  Fill in the form below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd9eYtiDb3QyyFE5yHvVctGTLWcoKhslXdtzADRhs695zb6Jw/viewform

Hey Pirates!

South Debate is eager to announce our first interest meeting on Tuesday, September 22nd from 3-4.  Debate is a nationally recognized club where individuals compete in tournaments in teams of two, giving argumentative and researched speeches on a plethora of topics. If you're interested in public policy - or how it intersects with big issues like healthcare, immigration, college sports, and more - then debate is the club for you. To learn more, we strongly encourage you to sign up for the interest meeting with the google form below or to send us an email at south...@gmail.com.  We are extremely eager to meet everyone and we can’t wait to start the year!

 Link: https://forms.gle/1ZWmeDPFxwv7wEz46

Attention Seniors,

YOU CAN PICK UP YOUR PARKING HANG TAGS AFTER SCHOOL, IN ATTENDANCE OFFICE.

Attention all eligible voters. That means some of YOU South students especially. We are currently in a pivotal election this November. Make sure you register to vote and then get out and vote. Nothing is more important than your voice in this year’s election so make sure you are able to express it by casting your vote this November. For information on how to register, go to usa.gov/register-to-vote and get registered! WE want YOU to Vote in this year’s election!

Hey Pirates!

Are you interested in honing your public speaking and leadership skills? Would you like to debate pressing global issues at prestigious national conferences? If so, Model United Nations might be for you.

The SouthMUN club will host its fall interesting meeting on Wednesday, September 23rd at 3 pm. Interested students should join the SouthMUN google classroom and fill out the interest form to receive upcoming announcements.

Onscreen info:

Google Classroom: d73pjix

Interest Form: https://tinyurl.com/southmun20

Email: pira...@gmail.com

"Are you interested in law, debate, writing, public speaking, or acting? If the answer is yes, then you should consider joining Mock Trial!

Our first meeting will be virtually on September 21st from 3-4 pm. If you are interested, please fill out the following form to be added to our mailing list so you can receive the meeting link and other information.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSej1raqDNId2zUFLU3fLewGSaDesP5r4BDKwghT8LBVYdKtMw/viewform?usp=sf_link

We look forward to seeing you all there!"

Students, starting Monday, 9/21, all club announcements and non-related Class Year announcements will be posted to the Collective South Classrooms ONLY. If you aren’t already a member please make sure you join so that you can get all of your club news in a timely manner, along with your morning announcements and Student Council activity news.

The codes are A-L e52uksk

                           M-Z gox3utl