September 22, 2020 - Announcements

tjones

Sep 22, 2020, 11:20:42 AM9/22/20
to WWP South High School

NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS;

Hey Pirates! Are you interested in honing your public speaking and leadership skills? Would you like to debate pressing global issues at prestigious national conferences? If so, Model United Nations might be for you. The SouthMUN club will host its fall interesting meeting on Wednesday, September 23rd at 3 pm. Interested students should join the SouthMUN google classroom and fill out the interest form to receive upcoming announcements.

High School South's Gay Straight Student Alliance "SPECTRUM" will be having their first meeting TODAY, Tuesday, September 22nd at 3:00 via ZOOM. Members of the LGBTQ+ community and their ALLYS are all welcome and encouraged to join!! Please sign up for our SPECTRUM Classroom (class code 3savpzx) for the ZOOM link and all important announcements. We hope to see you and your friends there! Please see Ms. Allen for questions and details."

Hey Pirates! South Debate is eager to announce our first interest meeting Today from 3-4.  Debate is a nationally recognized club where individuals compete in tournaments in teams of two, giving argumentative and researched speeches on a plethora of topics. If you're interested in public policy - or how it intersects with big issues like healthcare, immigration, college sports, and more - then debate is the club for you. To learn more, we strongly encourage you to sign up for the interest meeting with the google form below or to send us an email at south...@gmail.com.  We are extremely eager to meet everyone and we can’t wait to start the year!

REPEAT ANNOUNCEMENTS:

Do you love to debate controversial and relevant topics like defunding the police and the upcoming election? Do you want to strengthen your public speaking skills? Do you want the chance to participate in regional and national conferences? If yes, then JSA is the club for you! JSA offers various opportunities to express your opinion on national issues and events, allowing you to build your public speaking skill according to your comfort level. JSA conferences simulate congressional debates and allow participants to engage with students nationwide. If you’re interested, please join our Google Classroom for more information and attend our interest meeting on Tuesday, September 29th at 3pm.

Do you like to code? Do you want to code but don't know where to start? Or do you want a new way to practice your coding skills? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then the Absolute Coding Club is for you!

Absolute Coding is an after school club that meets every Monday from 3-4 PM on our club discord. To join the discord, please click this link: https://discord.com/invite/92tNaGm

The first meeting date will be 9/28 from 3 - 4PM, but is subject to change, so make sure to check out the club discord for more details. We hope to see you there!

Interested in molecular biology? Want to publish your own research?  Find out more in the Waksman Club.  Fill in the form below.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd9eYtiDb3QyyFE5yHvVctGTLWcoKhslXdtzADRhs695zb6Jw/viewform

Attention all eligible voters. That means some of YOU South students especially. We are currently in a pivotal election this November. Make sure you register to vote and then get out and vote. Nothing is more important than your voice in this year’s election so make sure you are able to express it by casting your vote this November. For information on how to register, go to usa.gov/register-to-vote and get registered! WE want YOU to Vote in this year’s election!

Students, starting Monday, 9/21, all club announcements and non-related Class Year announcements will be posted to the Collective South Classrooms ONLY. If you aren’t already a member please make sure you join so that you can get all of your club news in a timely manner, along with your morning announcements and Student Council activity news.

The codes are A-L e52uksk

                       M-Z gox3utl