US Bicycle Route Network

Chris Scherer

Oct 31, 2008, 12:09:54 PM10/31/08
to Google Group
This from RoadBikeRider.com:
 The U.S. is on the road to having the largest bicycle route network in the world, according to the League of American Bicyclists. The plan, under development for 4 years, recently received approval from America's leading authority on national route designations, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. The routes ("corridors") will connect rural, urban and suburban areas in a network totaling more than 50,000 miles (80,500 km). This would surpass Europe's planned Euro-Velo network of 60,000 km (37,200 miles). For more info about this U.S. Bicycle Route System project, click http://www.adventurecycling.org/usbrs
 It's great that we're already a part of this in our own (not so) small way.

Chris

--
ó^o "Bicycling is a very simple solution to many complicated problems in the world." --- John Burke, Trek president