Edward Thomas headstone at Agny

Andrew

Sep 10, 2013, 12:53:04 PM9/10/13
to ww1...@googlegroups.com
This may be old news and a previous thread missed but I was at the grave of Edward Thomas yesterday and a new CWGC headstone has been erected. I don't remember the old one being particularly worn or damaged. The new headstone, and possibly the reason for the replacement, is the epitaph has gone. I was with a group and parted the flowers to show them the single word 'poet' and was shocked to see it no longer on the (new) headstone.

Anyone aware of the circumstances?

Andrew

Meg Crane

Sep 24, 2013, 2:35:10 PM9/24/13
to ww1...@googlegroups.com
I don't know anything about this at all. It's fairly shocking - I can't see that the CWGC has any authority to change the wording on one of their headstones. Have you contacted the Edward Thomas Fellowship?

Meg