WELCOME BACK! First Meeting, Officer Applications, and More!

1 view

WVU Student Sierra Coalition

Aug 16, 2022, 10:48:38 AM8/16/22
to wvu...@googlegroups.com
Howdy, y'all!

Welcome back to Morgantown! I am sure you are getting a barrage of emails right now, so I will keep this one rather brief. My name is James Lamp, and I am the president of the WVU Student Sierra Coalition! We are focused on protecting and exploring the outdoors, and I am so happy that y'all feel the same! We are going to have a good year and we are coming out swinging for the fences. Here's what's going on!
  • Our first meeting is Thursday the 18th at 6:30pm in Room 4004 of the Agricultural Sciences Building! In case you are unable to meet at that time, we will also be holding a Zoom meeting on Friday the 19th at 5:30pm. Bring yourself, your friends, your pet goldfish, or anyone else that is passionate about the environment! We also have a flyer attached to the email... I challenge you to post this EVERYWHERE (social media or on bulletin boards). The more people that show up to these meetings, the better!
  • The long awaited officer applications are finally here! This is a link to the application. There is something for EVERYONE on here, so don't feel scared about applying. The application closes on August 31st and officers will be announced shortly afterwards. Feel free to share this around as well! This application is not just limited to current SSC members.
  • We are going to be holding a hike and perform trail maintenance on our newly adopted trail, the Intermediate Ski Loop at Coopers Rock on August 20th starting at noon AND take a hike to Quebec Run in rural PA on August 21st at 10am! I will send out more details here soon, but if this sounds interesting, sign up here!
Thanks all and I hope to see y'all in the next few days!
--
/ James Lamp (he/him/his)
President