GOOD LUCK ON FINALS + ANNOUNCEMENTS

1 view

WVU Sierra Student Coalition

Dec 14, 2022, 12:47:39 PM12/14/22
to wvu...@googlegroups.com
Howdy, folks!

I hope that y'all are doing well! Finals are among us (sus), and I wanna make sure that you know that you're going to knock them out of the park!

Just a few Sierra things...
  • Within the first few weeks, we are going to be holding a climate rally on Downtown!!! We are trying to get as many as people on board as we can. If you know of any other organizations, cliques, folks, or whomever that would love to get involved, please get them to do so and let us know!
  • We are gauging interest in a winter outing. Jim (our lovely faculty advisor) has suggested going on a cross-country ski trip, but we are open to all options! Let us know here in this form.
  • Are you a senior or graduated and want a job fighting for our environment? The National Sierra Club is taking applications for an Organizing Representative in West Virginia. You get to go around and talk with people about environmental justice and ways they can help get change implemented in their community.
  • A focus for the environmental groups in the state is the formation of community solar grids. These provide an easy and cheap way for folks to harness the powers and benefits of solar! There's a lot of work going on with this in Morgantown right now! If you are interested in getting involved, or just learning more, feel free to respond!
  • Finally, our email system is going to be changing next semester! We are migrating from a Google Group to WVU Engage. Those of y'all on here that do not have a WVU email are still going to get sent the same emails, but we are going to be able to reach a lot more people this way. Also, the emails are going to be prettier and less wordy :)
Again, I hope that y'all are doing the best! Have a fun, safe, and relaxing holiday season, eco-gang!
--
/ James Lamp (he/him/his)
President