submitting a patch to disable flow control (RTS/CTS)

Stan Hu

Aug 20, 2010, 2:43:30 AM8/20/10
to wvstreams-devel
I've been working on a PC104 system and trying to use wvdial. The
problem I ran into is that wvdial enforces the use of RTS/CTS by
default, but with the built-in serial ports, RTS/CTS does not appear
to be supported. Everything appears to work well if I change wvdial
to disable RTS/CTS.

I would like to submit a patch that would allow the conf file to
specify flow control options. What would be the right procedure for
submitting such a patch?

William Lachance

Aug 20, 2010, 12:37:03 PM8/20/10
to Stan Hu, wvstreams-devel
2010/8/20 Stan Hu <sta...@gmail.com>:

Unfortunately wvdial is lacking a true upstream maintainer these days.
I did a release a year or so ago, but don't have the time, knowledge
or resources to responsibly take on this task so I basically stopped.

You could fork the wvdial repository (http://github.com/wlach/wvdial),
commit your change, and let us know about it on this list. Avery is
usually pretty responsive to wvdial questions/proposals. However, it's
unlikely that another "official" release of wvdial will happen unless
someone steps up to the plate (volunteers welcome).
--
William Lachance
wrl...@gmail.com

Ankit Daftery

May 15, 2015, 7:36:45 PM5/15/15
to wvstrea...@googlegroups.com, sta...@gmail.com
Hello

Can you share how you disabled RTS/CTS ? I am facing a very peculiar issue.

I am using a uBlox modem and with a RS232 to USB connection wvdial works brilliantly.
When I use a CP2102 USB to UART converter, I always get "modem not responding". The funny thing is, I accidentally executed wvdial, and before it timed out, opened up the Arduino Serial port, and that allowed communication to happen and I got a connection ! I have been wondering why that happened, and would appreciate it if you could shed some light !

Thanks
Ankit