Is there a problem with wvdial 1.60.4 in Debian and Knoppix?

bkpsu...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2013, 10:45:15 PM2/23/13
to wvstrea...@googlegroups.com
Dear friends,
I use Debian Lenny 5.0.3 and Knoppix 7.0.4. I use my 2G BSNL SIM card and a datacard (reported as HSPA datacard, details attached as output of lsusb -v) and a script with wvdial to log in to internet. The setting works brilliantly.
The code I use to log on is ./wv-connect.sh bsnlnet umts
But when the modem can't connect, the modem is reinitialised only after an incremental time period every time the system fails to connect to the internet.
The time period can be described best by the formula of a sequence of ar^n, where a=5, r=2, n=0,1,2,...,n. The entire details is posted in the Knoppix forum with the subject: "wvdial script with knoppix & easy setup for Indian datacards - one trouble though" with the following Link which are attached herewith.
Please advise.
One request: Please post only after thorough contemplation, and please don't post superficial, off-topic suggestions. I have reading disability which severely limits my reading time.
Regards
wv-connect.sh.txt
output.txt
BSNLdatacard.txt

bkpsu...@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2013, 5:45:01 AM2/24/13
to wvstrea...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, not Debian lenny, but Squeeze 6.0.3...