buildroot

Jerry O_O

Mar 23, 2011, 12:06:14 PM3/23/11
to wvstreams-devel
Hello List,

first mail, please be gentle. I wish to create a new rootfs for my
ARM920T microcontroller based device using BUILDROOT. The device has a
serial port attached huawei 3G modem that could theoretically be used
with stock chap/ppp. I do vividly remember though my aggreviance with
this before finding wvdial.
I would very much appreciate any help with creating the makefile
required to add the wvdial package to my otherwise functional
buildroot conf.

Looking forward,

TIA,
Jerry O_O

Avery Pennarun

Mar 23, 2011, 3:25:59 PM3/23/11
to Jerry O_O, wvstreams-devel

This is really turning into the "how to compile wvdial on ARM" mailing list :)

I don't actually know anything about buildroot, so I can't
particularly help here. And it seems most people who come to this
mailing list want to ask questions about building wvdial on ARM, but
nobody sticks around after figuring out how to do so. So you might be
out of luck.

Wish I could help more. Maybe there's a lurker in the audience who
actually knows the answer.

Have fun,

Avery

yanika anne cassar

Mar 23, 2011, 3:30:54 PM3/23/11
to wvstrea...@googlegroups.com
I am hoping someone would post how he did it aswell :S

Yanika Anne Cassar
M: 79052001

SamiH

Mar 23, 2011, 5:19:48 PM3/23/11
to wvstreams-devel
I don't know anything about buildroot, but maybe you could see how it
is compiled under Debian. IIRC, that was the distro where it works on
ARM. I run gentoo and found easier to use chat and pppd. I still
believe it is possible and maybe easy to compile wvdial if one knows
what to do.