Beginner questions about setup

Martin Fischer

Aug 6, 2023, 4:04:50 AM8/6/23
to WVR Audio
Hi,

today I started up using a WVR. After going through the forum and Git I still have questions about setting up my WVR once it is ready to be used:

- what are the power requirements when running on 5V?
- how do you mount the board into a case or similar. The are no mounting holes provided and I won't drill them myself. I will probably use the board in a standalone fashion without using an Arduino or similar.
- I have soldering skills working with electronics. But I'm still shying away from soldering the pin strips in place. Which precautions should I take?

Looking forward for suggestions and tips.

Greetings
Martin

WVR Audio

Aug 7, 2023, 4:30:03 PM8/7/23
to WVR Audio
Hello Martin,
The power requirements are around 500mA @ 5v
Most usb chargers will provide plenty of power if you use the usb jack.

There are no secrets for mounting WVR, I suggest using a protoboard to connect buttons, audio in/out, etc, and drill a hole in that, if none of the components that you use provide mounting capabilities.

Soldering pin headers is probably the most basic of soldering jobs, so don't fear, no special precautions are needed.