VCA firmware in beta!

WVR Audio

Jun 19, 2023, 11:23:00 AM6/19/23
to WVR Audio
I have a first draft ready here of a VCA firmware that adds CC72 and CC73 to control attack and release times for ONE-SHOT and LOOP sounds.

For now it uses the same curve as the RESPONSE-CURVE for that sound. The only option that sounds great (to me) is inverse-square-root, so my proposal is to set it to always use that curve.

Here is a link to the GitHub issue, if you'd like to chime in there, or here, feedback is welcome!

With the attack or release set to 127 (maximum) the time is about 6.5 seconds ... which seems to me like a reasonable maximum.

I also considered using a more complex algorithm where a re-trigger would act on the current state of the VCO for that note, but after some thought I decided against it. Every new note starts its own envelope, regardless of weather its a re-trigger.

WVR Audio

Jun 19, 2023, 11:23:38 AM6/19/23
to WVR Audio

David Battino

Jun 20, 2023, 9:59:54 AM6/20/23
to WVR Audio
Thanks! I played it a bit. Need to try more types of sounds to decide what I think of the curve, but I’m psyched.