version 3.9.0 available in beta!

WVR Audio

Dec 30, 2023, 1:48:31 AM12/30/23
to WVR Audio
Hey friends.
I had a glorious holiday hacking on WVR for a few days at home, and have an exciting new release.
I am looking for a few enthusiastic folks to try it out before I consider it ready for the masses.
If you have an FTDI setup, and want to be a tester, please let me know! I would really appreciate it.

Here are the new features:

The IP address for WVR has changed to 196.168.4.1, as it was revealed that something was making the old IP very buggy for some computers, and most importantly for my new mac M1.

WVR now can join an existing WiFi network, by providing the credentials to the WEB UI. This has actually felt like an amazing treat for me, no fiddling with the WiFi network every time I want to access the WVR UI.

I added attack and release controls, using CCs 72 and 73.

Pitch shift is now well tested, and added to this release. We can pitch-bend up by 2 semitones, and down by one octave. The amount of pitch-bend is configurable in the WEB UI.

There are 3 new playback modes, which are exactly like the 3 current modes, but with the cool addition of pause/resume. This means samples can be paused and restarted, and also can be reset to the beginning. Details TBA in the new README.

There are some minor bug fixes, and other little details, for example ASR-LOOPS can be set to HALT or to RELEASE ... so that we can now set note-off to "ignore" and retrigger to "note-off" and have note-on events toggle playback for ASR-LOOPS just like all the other modes. Another good fix is that things like changing the pin configurations, and adjusting the break-points of rack members will update with a SYNC, and no longer requires a WVR reset.

Do let me know if you are interested to try this out! The binaries are now available in the github.

- Andrew

David Battino

Dec 31, 2023, 12:53:39 AM12/31/23
to WVR Audio
Sign me up! That’s great news. Also, I’m working on a new “intro to WVR” article and would love to showcase examples of what people are building.

WVR Audio

Dec 31, 2023, 12:55:33 AM12/31/23
to WVR Audio
Awesome thank you David!
The thing I am having some apprehension about is the upgrade process via the FIRMWARES tab. If you could test 3.0.9 that way, I would really appreciate it.
There is a user who posted a very cool video in the Discord using a fancy midi controller ... not sure if thats any use for your article.

Atonal Circuits

Jan 3, 2024, 9:33:04 AMJan 3
to WVR Audio
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for this amazing release! I uploaded the very last binary you sent me by e-mail thru the WEB UI without any problem, my FTDI programmer stayed in its box! Pitch bend, attack and release are awesome!
I was not able to connect to my router with the new external WIFI connection. I tried to join my home router on the 2,4GHz channel. The password key is a 20 digit number and wifi network name is 18 chars.
Don't forget issue# 64 (https://github.com/marchingband/wvr/issues/64) about bulk upload!

I'll make deeper testing soon.

All the best for 2024!

Robin