ASR loops

Andrew Nolan

Jul 15, 2023, 3:14:21 AM7/15/23
to WVR Audio
I've uploaded a set of snipped flute samples to the WVR board. I set them to ASR loop in the WVR app. Problem is, I can hear clicks indicating that the loop trigger points need to be edited, ideally with fade outs put in. My question is: Can I do this editing in say, Audacity or similar program and can the WVR upload this metadata? Or do I just have to trying altering the loop points in the WVR app by small amounts until I get a satisfactory result?

Andrew Nolan

Jul 18, 2023, 8:29:46 PM7/18/23
to WVR Audio
I found it was actually easier to make much longer samples without looping, as the WVR board has plenty of storage. Each 10 second mono sample @44Khz sampling rate takes about 860K of storage, so a single rack of 32 such samples is only 27meg. Next thing I would like to test is the latency between the trigger event (say, the D2 pin trigger) and sound output.

WVR Audio

Jul 19, 2023, 1:22:28 AM7/19/23
to WVR Audio
The idea for these ASR loops is that the sounds are prepared in a DAW like Audacity, and you would find good loop points which are both at precisely 0db, so it will not ‘pop’, and write down the sample position of those loop points. These sample positions should correspond exactly with the entry in the WVR UI.

However, if long samples works for you, yes, there is a huge amount of storage on the WVR!