external data-source

Django [BOfH]

Oct 26, 2018, 4:04:59 PM10/26/18
to wview
HI Eddy!

Is it possible to actively send data from an external source towards
wview. Or you can use simple means to get wvie to query data from an
external source itself. In the simplest case, this source is simply a
text file in which a numerical value is stored that changes every
minute, for example.

Any idea?

Best regards,
Django
--
https://wetterstation-pliening.info

Django [BOfH]

Oct 26, 2018, 4:58:54 PM10/26/18
to wv...@googlegroups.com
HI Eddy,

OKAY. I'm sure you're wondering why all this.

Now I have a fine dust sensor with which I measure the air quality.
Every minute I read out the sensor with a script and store the two
measured values in a text file. Of course I can also generate an
RRD-graphic with it, but it doesn't fit to the great graphics of wview.

I'm now looking for a way to use the fine dust sensor's readings to
generate two "temperature curves".

https://wetterstation-pliening.info

aktuell gemessene Feinstaub-Werte
Feinstaub (Partikelgröße 2,5 µm) 18.67 µg/m³
Feinstaub (Partikelgröße 10 µm) 25.90 µg/m³

http://deutschland.maps.luftdaten.info/#13/48.1986/11.8070%20\\
https://www.madavi.de/sensor/graph.php?sensor=esp8266-448026-sds011

Have a nice day!

Best regards
Django

Graham Eddy

Oct 27, 2018, 3:27:37 AM10/27/18
to wview Google Group
Very difficult - wview neither architected not designed for custom data sources

For my river depth gauge, i wrote a daemon with own db and graph generation (easy in python) and integrated into wv portal just at gui level

Django [BOfH]

Oct 28, 2018, 5:55:10 AM10/28/18
to wv...@googlegroups.com
HI Eddy,

Am 27.10.2018 um 09:27 schrieb Graham Eddy:

> Very difficult - wview neither architected not designed for custom data
> sources

I respect that already, after I had found nothing in the documentation
to it.

> For my river depth gauge, i wrote a daemon with own db and graph
> generation (easy in python) and integrated into wv portal just at gui level

Could you show me the result, or is the weather website not available
online for everyone? And maybe you'll let me take a look at your script
so I can get some ideas on how a professional does it.

Any hint and suggestion is welcome! ;)

Have a nice day!

BTW, are you located in Stornoway, Scotland?

Best regards
Django

signature.asc

Graham Eddy

Oct 28, 2018, 6:38:47 AM10/28/18
to wview Google Group
Buxton victoria australia

Look at river level graphs

I am travelling interstate at present
Back home in a few days

_____________
Graham Eddy
from phone: forgive brevity

Django [BOfH]

Oct 28, 2018, 7:18:21 AM10/28/18
to wv...@googlegroups.com
HI Eddy,

Am 27.10.2018 um 09:27 schrieb Graham Eddy:

> and integrated into wv portal just at gui level

https://geddy.com.au/weather/week.html
https://geddy.com.au/weather/images/aqua_week.png

Looks good - no, it looks fine!

As I had already written, would it be outrageous of me to ask you if you
could show me your Python script?

Best Regards
Django
--
https://wetterstation-pliening.info

signature.asc

Django [BOfH]

Oct 28, 2018, 2:10:34 PM10/28/18
to wv...@googlegroups.com
HI Eddy,

Am 28.10.2018 um 11:38 schrieb Graham Eddy:

> geddy.com.au/weather <http://geddy.com.au/weather>

O.K. This is your graph:
https://geddy.com.au/weather/images/aqua_week.png

> Look at river level graphs

Looks much more smoother than my one:
https://www.madavi.de/sensor/images/sensor-esp8266-448026-sds011-1-day.png

> I am travelling interstate at present
> Back home in a few days

O.K. I wish you some nice days and wait for news from you.

Best regards
Django

Django [BOfH]

Oct 29, 2018, 5:12:46 PM10/29/18
to wv...@googlegroups.com
HI Eddy,

I played today with rrdtool an some special woodoo. ;)

https://wetterstation-pliening.info/doku.php

Now I've two new rrd-based wview graphics, the last two graphs marked
with "Feinstaub ..."

ttyl
Django