WindGust nonsense values

Firestone

Nov 19, 2018, 8:23:49 AM11/19/18
to wview
Hello to the community,

I wish to ask some experience user about strange behaviour of our Vantage Pro2 Plus cable station.
Sometimes we have got nonsense values of WindGust.
For example some days ago (2018-11-10 -- http://weather.sh.cvut.cz/weather/NOAA/NOAA-2018-11.txt) we have got 233 mph (375 kph). I guess that problem is in station itself, I'm?
When I look into wview-archive.sdb file I observe value so I think it got from the station itself (please check a PNG attachment).
May I check it some way if it's problem with hardware (anemometr) or is there possible problem with wview?

Many thanks for any feedback.

Regards, Firestone
windgust.png

Graham Eddy

Nov 19, 2018, 7:42:42 PM11/19/18
to wview Google Group
the controller board on the station does go wonky after a number of years (about 8 in my case, when rainfall readings went crazy) and eventually needs to be replaced
<windgust.png>

Firestone

Nov 20, 2018, 2:54:27 AM11/20/18
to wview
We are currently running our weather station for 8 years and 8 months...hmmm. Thanks a lot for your feedback. I will contact our local dealer what can be done in this case.

Regards, Firestone