Interactive RRDTool graphs for wview (and weewx?)

Timothy Witham

Apr 17, 2018, 1:35:02 AM4/17/18
to wview
Hello,

I happened to see here that 7 years ago someone used wview and RRDTool in the same sentence.  Here is how I applied this idea five years ago:

The RRD files are auto-updated just after the HTML updates.  Then the CGI dynamically renders any time frame of all data on-the-fly from the RRD files.  Options exist to zoom/scroll time, add extra sensors, make graphs bigger and so on.

Since weewx is the same database format, this should work there too.  I haven't tried it yet since I don't yet have weewx.

I only recently got around to publishing this code. Here it is if anyone would like to check it out.  https://github.com/twitham1/wview-rrd

FWIW,

Tim