Wview calculating the heat index

25 wyświetleń

Marcio Malacarne

nieprzeczytany,
19 lut 2019, 10:54:5019.02.2019
do wv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Anyone know what formula wview uses?

Thank you

Jörg Sommrey

nieprzeczytany,
19 lut 2019, 15:41:2419.02.2019
do wv...@googlegroups.com

On Tue 19 Feb 2019 04:54:36 PM CET, Marcio Malacarne
<marcio.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Anyone know what formula wview uses?

It's the first formula presented in Wikipedia
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heat_index#Formula) using the primary
set of constants. The formula is applied to temperatures above 75 F.

-jo

Marcio

nieprzeczytany,
21 lut 2019, 13:41:3221.02.2019
do wview
thank you,
it seems to me that the "autralian heat index" is simpler and that it is closer to the climate in Brazil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_chill#Australian_apparent_temperature
Where is the file that calculates it?

marcio

Jörg Sommrey

nieprzeczytany,
21 lut 2019, 14:05:3721.02.2019
do wv...@googlegroups.com
It's calculated in wvutilsCalculateHeatIndex() in common/wvutils.c.

There's no problem modifying this. I changed this too, as the original
formula is discontinuous at the edge temperature of 75 F.

-jo

On Thu 21 Feb 2019 07:41:32 PM CET, Marcio <marcio.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

> thank you,
> it seems to me that the "autralian heat index" is simpler and that it is
> closer to the climate in Brazil.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_chill#Australian_apparent_temperature
> Where is the file that calculates it?
>
> marcio
> Em terça-feira, 19 de fevereiro de 2019 17:41:24 UTC-3, jo escreveu:
>>

>> On Tue 19 Feb 2019 04:54:36 PM CET, Marcio Malacarne

Jörg Sommrey

nieprzeczytany,
21 lut 2019, 15:25:3421.02.2019
do wv...@googlegroups.com
I just realized that you referenced a formula for wind chill. This is
something completely different from heat index. In wview this is
calculated in wvutilsCalculateWindChill() in common/wvutils.c. Wview
uses the US version. Modified that one too, as it is discontinuous :-)

-jo
Odpowiedz wszystkim
Odpowiedz autorowi
Przekaż