Hello, All. I also had a single board PC crash that had been running wview for many years.
After days of trying to compile from scratch - I gave up and have switched to Weewx.
Weewx is about 8K lines of Python code as opposed to the ~64K of "C" code for wview and radlib.
The package for weewx is available for debian and ubuntu - I'm using Ubuntu 17.10.
Whats really great is the database format for wview and weewx ARE THE SAME!
All you have to do rename archive.sdb to weewx.sdb. Yesterday I installed weewx
and got it up and running. I'm now on the way to moving my wview page modifications to
weewx. I'm still working out the kinks, but the move to weewx was not as bad as I
-= Jim =-