the subzero issue

Lynda Howell

Nov 20, 2016, 8:29:42 AM11/20/16
to wview
Looking through the posts here, I'm not seeing a fix for the problem of wview reporting invalid values to Weather Underground when the temperature is below zero. Has there been progress on this? The suggestions I'm seeing here and in Mantis involve substituting some incorrect positive values, which I'd rather avoid. Did anyone ever find a way to send the correct values?

Thanks!

Graham Eddy

Nov 20, 2016, 8:33:07 AM11/20/16
to wview Google Group
the fix has been identified but it hasn’t been rolled into a formal release.
if you indicate your platform (processor, opsys & version) someone ought to be able to send a patch
____________
Graham Eddy

On 21 Nov. 2016, at 12:29 am, Lynda Howell <howe...@gmail.com> wrote:

Looking through the posts here, I'm not seeing a fix for the problem of wview reporting invalid values to Weather Underground when the temperature is below zero.  Has there been progress on this?  The suggestions I'm seeing here and in Mantis involve substituting some incorrect positive values, which I'd rather avoid.  Did anyone ever find a way to send the correct values?

Thanks!

Mark Levine

Nov 30, 2016, 6:35:05 AM11/30/16
to wv...@googlegroups.com
Can someone post the patch to the list ?

Thanks
--

-------------------------------
Mark Levine

Graham Eddy

Dec 1, 2016, 12:21:05 AM12/1/16
to wview Google Group
don’t know if anyone has created a patch but the fix is documented in mantis
____________
Graham Eddy

Mark Levine

Dec 1, 2016, 6:04:09 AM12/1/16
to wv...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that will do.

Mark

On 12/01/2016 12:20 AM, Graham Eddy wrote:
> don’t know if anyone has created a patch but the fix is documented in mantis
> ____________
> Graham Eddy
>
>> On 30 Nov. 2016, at 10:35 pm, Mark Levine
>> <ma...@weather.levineonline.net <mailto:ma...@weather.levineonline.net>>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Can someone post the patch to the list ?
>>
>> Thanks

Lynda Howell

Dec 2, 2016, 8:04:29 AM12/2/16
to wview
The last entry I can find in Mantis is still the one from thogland on 2015-11-14 that says "So just adding 'abs ()' to the code is not correct, just less incorrect :-)". Did anyone ever figure out a correct fix?

I'm inclined to agree with ook's 2015-02-27 guess that "%06.3f",t/10.0 is the right approach. Has anyone tested it?

Lynda

Graham Eddy

Dec 2, 2016, 8:11:35 AM12/2/16
to wview Google Group
ook here. i unit tested it (ie isolated code sample with example values pushed through it) but never tested it in production quality code (it never gets below -5C here so not a problem for me, and not field-testable)
Graham Eddy

Jim Howard

Dec 18, 2016, 6:05:58 PM12/18/16
to wview
Does your unit test include values between 0 and -1 ?  Eg  -0.7 F ?

Jim Howard

Feb 1, 2019, 9:20:01 AM2/1/19
to wview
Every year when it gets cold in January, I am reminded that this is still hanging out there :)  Has anyone played with it again?