GroWeather ISS with Wview

kanewolf

Jul 8, 2018, 4:00:47 PM7/8/18
to wview
My ISS is 10+ years old.  TX sun and hail has taken its toll.  I want to replace the ISS.  The 6825 Groweather looks like a great choice.  The solar sensor for ET calculation without having the UV sensor which I don't see much value.

Does anyone have experience using a GroWeather ISS with Wview.   Wview has been my preferred software since day 1.  It seems to have been abandoned but still functions.

Alex Regan

Jul 9, 2018, 10:30:41 PM7/9/18
to wv...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've been considering the Ambient Weather WS-2902A. It's significantly
less expensive, but works with Alexa and has a modern phone interface.

Anyone have any ideas of the differences between these higher-end Davis
devices and the $169 Ambient Weather devices? Is it the accuracy?

It may last longer, but I don't need that in a $169 device.

Interfacing with Linux is important to me. Any idea if the WS-2902A
works with wview?

Is wview being maintained any longer? Are there alternatives for Linux?

Thanks,
Alex

On 07/08/2018 04:00 PM, kanewolf wrote:
> My ISS is 10+ years old.  TX sun and hail has taken its toll.  I want to
> replace the ISS.  The 6825 Groweather
> <https://www.ambientweather.com/dain68grwiin.html>looks like a great
> choice.  The solar sensor for ET calculation without having the UV
> sensor which I don't see much value.
>
> Does anyone have experience using a GroWeather ISS with Wview.   Wview
> has been my preferred software since day 1.  It seems to have been
> abandoned but still functions.

Alan Jackson

Jul 10, 2018, 12:14:39 AM7/10/18
to wv...@googlegroups.com
I think a lot of folks are moving to weewx. It uses the same db schema as wview, so data can be moved. And it is actively being developed. I plan to move in a few months.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/wview.

| Alan K. Jackson            | To see a World in a Grain of Sand      |
al...@ajackson.org          | And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,         |
www.ajackson.org           | Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand |
| Houston, Texas             | And Eternity in an hour. - Blake       |