Theme not showing correctly in IE 7

1 view

therealshari

Jun 29, 2008, 4:02:35 PM6/29/08
to WuCoco Users
Ok, I know, IE 7 is a pain... however, I still want this theme to work
with it.

When viewed in IE 7 I am missing the "blogtitle" and both sidebars,
except on the left sidebar, my AdSense (widget) shows up.

I'm using the three column layout and have commented out the links and
searchbar in the header.

The theme looks awesome in FireFox!

View at http://123go4success.com

I'm not a programmer at all, but can at least follow instructions to
get a patch uploaded.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
Shari Thomas

mikel...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2008, 4:51:40 PM6/29/08
to WuCoco Users
> When viewed in IE 7 I am missing the "blogtitle" and both sidebars,
> except on the left sidebar, my AdSense (widget) shows up.

I don't have any open bug reports for IE7 at this point. Check the
following:

1) What version of WuCoco are you running?
2) Have you reproduced the problem with the vanilla theme or have you
made customizations?
3) Have you reproduced the problem with all plugins disabled?
4) Have you confirmed that the problem doesn't occur when using the
default wordpress theme?

If I had to guess, you probably have a improperly opened/closed tag
somewhere in your customizations.

Thanks,
Mike Lococo

therealshari

Jun 29, 2008, 6:06:50 PM6/29/08
to WuCoco Users
Thanks for all the clues... I'll go through them one by one to see if
I can isolate the problem.

As for version, when I have it active, I'm running 0.10.2
It took me a little while, but I isolated the issue for anyone else.

I had commented out the search box as well as commented out the links
in the header.

IE 7 doesn't like commenting ( has to do with the stupid div tags). I
don't plan to use either, so cutting them to a notepad and saving
"just in case" solved the problem.

Thanks for the t-shooting guide. I went through it absolutely step-by-
step and found the problem as well as the solution!