Help me I am frazzled :)

1 view

Rio

Sep 11, 2007, 12:30:19 PM9/11/07
to WuCoco Users
I have the 3 column installed @ howcelebritiesloseweight(dot)com and
Google is crawling down the right hand side putting things like ad
tiltes and Widgets for the description and not the description I have
entered per post.

EXAMPLE

"Register Here! Register · Login · Entries RSS · Comments RSS ·
WordPress.org · Guthy Renker Corporation · Guthy Renker Corporation ·
Shelia lost 72lbs Look ..."

In source code <meta name="description" <meta name="keywords" Is
being put way at the middle after all the code for the right column..
PLEASE HELP!

Related Plugin installed
I installed SEO Package to set the descriptions per post to remidy
this problem. with no luck

Does it have something to do with this?>>>>>
<?php /* UNCOMMENT THE LINE BELOW IF YOU WISH TO SEE YOUR BLOG'S TITLE
IN THE HEADER */ ?>
<!-- <div id="blogtitle"><h1><?php echo get_bloginfo ( 'name' ); ?
></h1></div> -->

Mike Lococo

Sep 11, 2007, 12:58:05 PM9/11/07
to wucoco...@googlegroups.com
Rio,

> I have the 3 column installed @ howcelebritiesloseweight(dot)com and
> Google is crawling down the right hand side putting things like ad
> tiltes and Widgets for the description and not the description I have
> entered per post.

I'm not exactly clear on the problem. What google search will get me to
the confusing results and how were you expecting the results to be
different?

I'll also offer a few generic suggestions and pointers:

1) What version of WuCoco are you running?
2) Have you reproduced the problem with the vanilla theme or have you
made customizations?
3) Have you reproduced the problem with all plugins disabled?
4) Have you confirmed that the problem doesn't occur when using the
default wordpress theme?

The idea of these questions is to establish whether WuCoco is causing
the problem, or whether your setup is broken in some way. I'm happy to
talk about fixes if we can establish what the problem with the theme is,
but I don't typically do personal troubleshooting of custom setups
unless folks hire me to do so.

Thanks,
Mike

Rio

Sep 11, 2007, 2:34:53 PM9/11/07
to WuCoco Users
To see what I am referring to look at
site:howcelebritiesloseweight.com notice all the RSS Login ad titles
in the description. It should be using the description I set for it
but it is not.

1)0.10.2
2) does it in default too It puts the meta descriptions & keywords in
the middle --- go to my page a view source .
3) yes puts it low even then.
4) Yes

I am confused why it would decide to move meta below and not keep it
together. Is thie a setting in wordpress? I have looked at other
people blogs and they have there all at the top.

"<meta name="description" content="the best site in teh world" />

Advise

Rio

Rio

Sep 11, 2007, 2:43:27 PM9/11/07
to WuCoco Users
It was <?php wp_head(); ?> in the wrong spot I moved it up is that ok
in your theme.. cause it moved the Meta up too

thanks
RIO

mikel...@gmail.com

Sep 12, 2007, 10:20:36 AM9/12/07
to WuCoco Users
> It was <?php wp_head(); ?> in the wrong spot I moved it up is that ok
> in your theme.. cause it moved the Meta up too

Where in the code (copy and paste with some extra lines of context)
was the wp_head() line when you were having problems, and where did
you move it to in order to solve your problem? It should be the last
line in the <head></head> section of header.php, which is where it is
located in the WP default theme, in WuCoco 0.10.2-1col (which works
properly on my site), and 0.10.2-3col (which is what you were having
problems with). Since it's in the same place in all cases, I'm not
sure why you'd be having problems unless you customized the code and
moved it by accident.

If there's a fixable bug here, let me know what it is so I can correct
it in a new release for everyone. I still can't follow your
explanation so far though, except inasmuch as google is indexing your
sidebar instead of your content for some reason.

Thanks,
Mike